Who are we?
We are the artist community of Factory Berlin.
We are the art producers of Factory Berlin.
We act as a community-based laboratory for multi-disciplinary art projects empowered by innovation and technology.
To become a pool of multi-disciplinary creatives and to make collective projects via innovative productions and techniques.
Phase 1: Getting to know the community
- Organise one showcase per month with the art productions of max 5 members.
The power of this Circle lays in the diversity of its members. Diversity of art, skills, desires, as well as the diversity of culture and projects. Starting with community-building events, we will gather to appreciate the art productions of our members, start to know and learn from each other and identify potential collaboration opportunities.
- Feature one member from the Circle once a week on the Circle’ Slack.
Phase 2: Facilitating collaboration
- Organise meetups with partners to foster collaboration within the Circle.
- Have an art+tech playground with the productions of the members but also with gear from partners.
- Partners could bring technological, musical or artistic equipment to test and try. Partners or experts could bring mentoring and expertise to help the community members evolve.
- Partners could bring some funded projects to work on with the members.
- The Factory members will be able to get inspired by the Factory’s artists and create some bridges between their daily projects and art. We want to become a pool of creatives to inspire tech projects and art+tech collaborations.
- Organise weekend FGP Hackathons with partners and mentors to accelerate our collaborations
Phase 3: The Factory Artists Collective
- Create the Art+Tech Collective to have fun, push the art+tech boundaries by using the latest technology mixed with emerging art. Be a laboratory challenging art+tech.
- Collaboration between members to reply to call for artists or produce a community-scale art+tech projects
Regular meetup: Once a month from 5PM to 7PM at the Factory Gorlitzer Park in the Creators Lab (dates are announced directly in the Circle)
First meetup on Wednesday 21st August at 5PM at the Creators Lab
Larger meetup: We would like to organise soon a showcase of our productions for the Factory Community during regular Factory events like Check-out Drinks or Wednesday Brunches (this will be announced later) or just to announce that we are attending to keep the pace moving forward and concreting relationships.
Other member-led initiatives: As art doers, we are also art-lovers! We strongly encourage members to talk about their art show or current shows happening in Berlin in order to organise tours or arty-meetups.
Robert M. Stanley (sound/music art)
Diane Drubay (visual art)