5.1. How can I make the most of my membership and the Community?
There are some easy ways to meet others, make use of our offerings and the Community:
- Read the latest news from and on Factory Berlin: Our dedicated Corporate Newsletters, which is sent out bi-weekly, gives you insights into the Community, showcases initiatives, and gives an overview of upcoming events. The quarterly innovation reports, which you also receive via email, provide you further updates on new or highlighted startups in the community, look backs on events, developments of Factory Berlin and newbies in our network.
- Discover the Factory Effect by quickly making valuable connections: We offer individual matchmaking with business-relevant Community Members (e.g. freelancers, coaches or experts), Corporate Members and Startups with our Factory Berlin-internal Scouting tool. Please use our research request tool or ask your Corporate Success Manager for more information.
- Get to know others at events: Meet your fellow corporate, startup and community members at our events:
- Monthly Corporate Lunch Meetups at Factory Kitchen Görlitzer Park every first Tuesday of the month
- Quarterly Futures Forum
- Reverse Pitch
- Community Circle Meetups
- Community Check-out Drinks (5pm at either Görlitzer Park or Mitte campus)
- Community-led events: check out Factory Family Slack #08-factory-events to learn about weekly updates on Community events
- Berlin / startup-related events: check out Factory Family Slack #09-other-events to learn about weekly updates on events outside Factory and in Berlin
- Use our Factory Slack:
- Discover the Slack “-03-Intros” channel where you can present yourself, your activities and your goals, as well as discovering what your fellow members are up to.
- Click on "channels" and type in a keyword of interest to discover any Circles of Slack groups, where you can get in with others to ask questions or exchange.
- Join the #collaboration-corner to post your requests to look for startups/ freelancers/ agency support for your projects.
- Looking for full-time employees or freelancers to join your team? Post your job description at #-11-jobs
- Create your own interest groups with your colleagues or others and establish a closed or open Slack channel.
- Get involved with the Community:
- Perks: Provide discounts on products or possibilities to take part in events
- Hackathons: Organize Hackathons to quickly accelerate ideas
- Sponsorships: create visibility and sponsor events at Factory Berlin (i.e. Mid week breakfast, Check Out Drinks, Meet & Pitch, etc.)
- Share your knowledge with the Community:
- Open office / office hours: Open your project lab door for a fixed time in the week or month to have members speak to your team members or a dedicated office hours person or team. Consult your Corporate Success Manager to speak about past learnings with other Corporate teams and how to best communicate your offering.
- Workshops: Hold your own workshop (series) to share your or your company's specific industry knowledge with the Community. As an example, the Freshfields team offers regular Legal Community Workshops to address startup relevant legal topics and address new regulations.
- Speak at events: Get on stage and speak at Fireside Chats or Masterclasses, sharing knowledge and success stories with the Community. For this, you might also look into your organization to involve experts or management.
- Be part of the jury: Share your expertise, and give feedback as a judge in jury boards of Meet & Pitch Sessions with Startups. Get in touch with the Community Events to get further information: email@example.com or on Slack: sara_factoryberlin
Below you see the overview in an handy one-pager:
5.3 How can I approach other corporate teams and startups?
You can either:
- Search the specific corporate / startups in our Factory Family Slack and talk to the person directly. Or go to ‘User Groups’ from the menu in Slack and send a message directly to the contact person in the specific corporate.
- Get in touch with your Corporate Success Manager to get introduced to other Corporate teams. You'll find a list of our corporate members and strategic partners on our website: https://factoryberlin.com/partners/
- Request to meet startups via our Typeform. If you want to learn more about specific technologies or startups of a certain field that are part of our network, please fill in your questions and needs in this link. Please be aware that the clearer you indicate your request with specific parameters (industry, technology, business focus), the more likely you will find your best possible match.
5.4 What are the Factory Berlin perks?
We are pleased to offer various kind of perks such as startup specific services, educational courses, business and software, lifestyle perks, etc. Please check here for more information. We also encourage you to offer your own perks to our Factory Berlin community. If you wish to do so, please fill in the form here.
5.5 What are Circles? Which circles do currently exist at Factory Berlin?
Growing organically from our members’ desire to connect with one another, Circles are self-organized sub-communities at Factory Berlin, gathered around shared interests, industries, and projects, where members exchange ideas, inspire and support each other.
Alongside regular and casual meetings, the Circles program has evolved to include monthly formal meetups supported by Factory Berlin, where speakers from the wider Factory Berlin network are invited to share their experience and expertise.