What is the app for?
With the app you can open doors, book meeting rooms and lockers at our Görlitzer Park location. You need the app and your Factory Members account to access the building.
How do I log in?
You should have an account at https://members.factoryberlin.com. Use this information. We send out signup links to every new member. If you forgot your password you can reset it on the Members platform. If you don’t have an account ask our community team or the front desk for your personal signup link. Please also take your time to fill in your profile on Members. Other members can find you this way and we use this information to connect you to VCs and corporate partners.
What is the passcode?
The passcode is a number you set to protect the app in case you lose your phone. On some devices you can later use the fingerprint.
How do I open a door?
Open and unlock the app and tap the phone against the gateway (the little dark box next to the door). Then wait until the door opens. On most devices the upper half of the phone should touch the lower part of the gateway.
How do I book a meeting room?
Before you book your meeting room, please ensure that you have read the information in this section of our handbook here. Importantly, keep in mind that the maximum booking time per day is 2 hours.
- Open and unlock the App, and select ‘Book Room’.
- If you would like to book a room on the same day, simply select the room you want to book, enter the time and the length of the booking and tap ‘Book’.
- If you would like to book a room on another day, tap on the calendar icon on the top right of the screen. Enter the date, time and length of booking that you desire. The available rooms will appear and you can tap on the room that you would like to book. Double check the details and tap ‘Book’.
- Your room has now been reserved. It will appear on the Home Screen of your App until the time of the booking.
How do I cancel a meeting room booking if I no longer need it?
- Your reservations will appear on the Home Screen of your App until the time of your booking. If you no longer require your booking, simply press the ‘x’ symbol to the right of your booking.
- A ‘Delete Reservation’ box will appear, so simply tap ‘Delete’.
How do I use the lockers?
Before you use a locker, please ensure that you have read the information in this section of our handbook here. Importantly, keep in mind that you cannot rent a locker overnight.
Open and unlock the App and select “My locker for today”. The first number is for the floor you are on, the second for the locker. After selecting the floor you see a list of available lockers. Select one locker and stand directly in front of it. Press on add. The locker locks automatically after a few seconds. Just press the door shut. You can open it anytime with the app. Please don’t forget to end the booking if you don’t need the locker anymore so that other members can use it. It is possible that it takes some time to open a locker. The bluetooth connectivity can be tricky with all the metal. Please be patient, we are working on it.
How can I bring guests? Do they need the app as well?
If you bring a guest please approach our front desk. They will hand out a guest card. With this card your guest can open the same doors as you by tapping the gateway. Please make sure you return the guest card after the visit to get your deposit back.
Who built the app?
The app and the gateways are provided by Sensorberg, an IoT company and partner of Factory Berlin. We provide the interface to our Member software to make sure that all members have access to the building.