General Upgrade & Downgrade guidelines:
Have a look into our Membership Guidelines here for detailed information.
For quick instructions, read below:
A new Membership Package will only ever come into effect on the 1st day of the upcoming month. While it is possible to request the change any time, your newly requested Membership Package will not become effective until the next month.
- A request can be made up until 12:00 pm (midday) on the last day of the month.
- Upgrade: You can request to upgrade your Membership Package to one of the higher-offering packages at any time, even during your initial Three Month Minimum Commitment Period.
- Downgrade: The first downgrade to one of the limited-offering packages can be requested only after you have completed your initial Three Month Minimum Commitment Period. Thereafter, you have the freedom to downgrade your Membership Package in accordance with our ‘Downgrade Rule’, which states that you must have been on the higher package for at least three consecutive months. If you have not been on the higher package for the 3 months preceding the desired downgrade, you will not be allowed to downgrade. Please see FAQs for an example.
In order to request to change your Membership Package, active steps will be required on your behalf via the self-service portal within our Factory Berlin Search Platform under 'Manage Membership'.
To access the Manage Membership section, please log in to the Factory Berlin Members Platform. In the upper right corner, you’ll find your profile picture. By clicking on it, a small drop-down menu will appear, and you will see ‘Manage Membership’.
In general, the Manage Membership area is the place where you can:
- Change your Login Data (i.e. Email and Password)
- Update your Payment Details
- Manage your Membership Packages
By selecting ‘Membership Packages’, the simple overview of the packages will appear. Currently, Factory Berlin offers:
Immediately in the overview, you will be able to see what current plan you are subscribed to (‘Active’). If you would like to change your Membership Package, simply click on the ‘Select’ button under the chosen package. An additional window will appear where you will be asked to confirm that you are aware of the fee and features of the new package. By continuing, you also confirm that you remain agreeable to our Terms & Conditions.
In the case of a successful change, a confirmation message will appear at the top of your screen, together with the date that your new Membership Package will come into effect (generally on the 1st day of the following month). A request can be made up until 12:00 pm (midday) on the last day of the month.
In case you are not eligible to change your Membership Package on the 1st day of the upcoming month, the change will be processed but only for the first eligible date in the future. This will only occur in two circumstances: if you are still within your initial Minimum Three Month Commitment Period, or if the Downgrade Rules applies.
In case you change your mind or the eligible date doesn’t suit you, the request can be undone anytime before the new Membership Package is due to come into effect, by simply clicking the “Cancel Change” button.
If you are struggling to sign-up to the Members Platform, and the Reset Password button does not work - this is most commonly due to the fact that you never activated your Members Profile after the Welcome Meeting. If you cannot find your personal signup code in your previous emails from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll look into it. You have to be registered in our new payment system to be able to see the ‘Membership Packages’ area. If you were emailed during December 2018 to input your payment details into the new system, and you haven’t done so yet - this is a step required to be able to change your Membership Package.